Re: xkb settings, BackSpace not working in X

Anyone figure this one out?  I just upgraded and I have the same problem.

Kelly

Ok... let's start with the beginning. Here are the packages I use(some
might be irrelevant to my problems... included them just in case):
-xfree86-comm v3.3.6-11
-xlib6g v3.3.6-11
-xserver-mach64 v3.3.6-11
-enlightenment v0.16.5-1
-gnome-core v1.2.3-helix

/etc/X11/XF86Config
Section "Keyboard"
  Protocol     "Standard"
  XkbRules     "xfree86"
  XkbModel     "pc102"
  XkbLayout    "ca"
EndSection

/etc/X11/Xmodmap
PC keyboard
keycode 22 = BackSpace
keycode 107 = Delete

--------------
if more is required please ask. I really want to get rid of this problem
as it is very annoying to only be able to delete in one direction!!

Ian Stuart wrote:

> Olivier Dragon wrote:
> >> I'm using the latest version of XF86 (not quite sure of the exact
>> version) that is available in woody.
> > If you had to say I Obey., then it's X4.01, else it's X3.3.6 - and they
> are different!
> >> I've got problems in X with the xkb configuration. In X, my backspace
>> [<--] button does the same as the [Delete] button. I've tried modifying
>> my XF86Config file but it doesn't work. Whatever I put in the keyboard
>> section, nothing changes. I tried changing the language but I always
>> have the qwerty/us configuration. When I use XF86Setup everything works
>> fine, even when I click "Done" and X is loaded using the settings. But
>> whevener I startx after that my keyboard doesn't follow XF86Config
>> keyboard rules anymore.
> > Here's the section from my XFree 4 config file, which gives me a UK
> keyboard:
> > ------ include ----
> Section "ServerLayout"
> Identifier     "XFree86 Configured"
> Screen      0  "Screen0" 0 0
> InputDevice    "Mouse0" "CorePointer"
> InputDevice    "Keyboard0" "CoreKeyboard"
> EndSection
> [snip]
> Section "InputDevice"
> Identifier  "Keyboard0"