tt fonts listing but unavailable?

I just installed X 4.0.1.  After some tweaking it seems to be mostly
working.

I followed the directions listed here previously to get my TT fonts
(copied from my Windows partition, plus other places) visible.  Now I
can see them all with xlfonts.

However, my previous window manager (fvwm 2.3.x) title bar fonts are not
working any more; they worked before the upgrade (I was using XFree86
3.3.6 plus the xfstt server--I've now removed the xfstt server package
and I'm not using any font server at all, just what comes with X).

I used to use this font: "-*-barbedor t heavy-medium-r-normal-*-100-*-iso8859-1"
but now when I ask for it, FVWM says it's not found.  When I use
xlsfonts and grep for "barbedor" I can find this font:

  -2rebels-barbedor t heavy-medium-r-normal--0-0-0-0-p-0-iso8859-1

When I use "xfontsel -scaled", I can choose the exact font I want, but
my WM doesn't grok it.

This worked fine with the old X server and xfstt; is there something I
have to do to allow clients to use the scaleable fonts in X 4.x?

Thanks!

 Paul D. Smith <psmith@baynetworks.com>    HASMAT--HA Software Methods & Tools