Re: Xfree 4

Well I think there was a problem with the xlibs .deb, as I had the symlink
set up correctly - /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults was pointing to
/etc/X11/app-defaults, but xlibs decided it was wrong and removed it. Then
when it tried to update its settings it died due to a broken pipe.

So I mkdir /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/app-defaults and cp -a /etc/X11/app-defaults/*
back into it and then re ran the upgrade and it behaved, though told me that
there should be a symlink pointing to /etc/X11/app-defaults. Deja-vu?

Thanks for you help, and I hope this may be able to help others who come
across this one!

Matthew

--

Using intelligent power: