Couple of questions from a recent convert

Does the default install support an SB AWE32 for sound without
recompiling the kernel?  And if so, what do I need to do to get it
working?  I've not had any luck getting it to make any noise. :P

Secondly, can anyone point me to a place I could get the most recent
version of PostgreSQL complied for Potato?  I saw 7.0.2 in Woody,
but don't think I'm ready for that yet, since I enjoy my stability,
and have only been running Debian for a couple of weeks.

TIA,
jdk