Re: erratic ps/2 mouse behavior

On Sat, Jul 22, 2000 at 06:06:51PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> when i move the mouse it will at times go out of control, the pointer
> starts jumping around the screen extremely fast with the buttons going
> off randomly (i am not clicking the mouse buttons, but the windowmaker
> menu, and window menus appear and my workspaces are switched around
> when the mouse `clicks' my windowmaker clip several times, it has even
> dragged icons off the dock and thrown them away)
>
> the pointer usually ends up in the upper right corner of the screen
> but it jumps around so fast i can only see where it has been by where
> menus pop up and windows get closed etc.  it is exceedingly annoying.

I've seen this on my own system, but only when switching from the
console to X and only when i move the mouse during the switch...

My mouse claims to be a Logitech "MouseMan, Serial-MousePort". It is a
PS/2 mouse, configured as such in the X config using /dev/psaux.

Sorry i can't be of more help.

--
  finger for GPG public key.