Re: Using Partition Magic with Debian

Partition Magic v4 and v5 both work well as far as resizing, copying,
moving Linux partitions. I've never had it do any harm to the ext2fs
file system itself.

However, when you use PM to resize/move a bootable partition that has
Lilo installed in it's boot sector, be prepared to boot with a floppy
(or with Loadlin) afterwards in order to reinstall Lilo. PM attempts to
to 'fix' the Lilo boot sector to compensate for the resize/move
operation - but often gets it wrong.

PM will also make changes to your /etc/fstab file that it thinks are
appropriate, and will sometimes get that wrong also.

Tom