RealPlayer7 causes Netscape 4.72/3 bus error on startup

I can't get netscape 4.73 (tried debs and manual install) to work with
RealPlayer7. The realplayer works fine on its own, but the plugin causes a
bus error when netscape starts up (plugins/rpnp.so). 4.72 also fails.

I tried deleting those ~/.RealNetworks* files ( I think somebody mentioned
that), but that didn't help.

My system is potato, current as of yesterday.

Is anybody running RealPlayer7 on potato?

BTW, for me, 4.72 seems more stable that 4.73 on javascript pages such as
bigbrother2000.com.

...RickM...