Advansys 3940UA Ultra-SCSI controller recommended?

I can get this controller from buy.com for CDN$79 so it's very
cheap.  I intent to use it mostly for external devices (CDRW,
Zip, and an Ultra-SCSI ORB 2.2 GB removable-media drive).
Anyone have comments or better suggestions?

Thanks!

BTW, I already have an Adaptec 2940U Ultra-SCSI controller, but
lately a disk has been acting up and I'm getting reset errors,
and this tends to happen more if I connect my external devices.
Anyway, I'm thinking my next computer (at work) won't be using
SCSI disks anymore, so I'll need a controller for the external
SCSI I'll move over.  So why no buy it now?  (The Adaptec will
stay in the current computer, which will be cascaded down to
another employee).

Peter