Re: TkDesk problem

"Larry Elmore" <ljelmore@prodigy.net> writes:

> I've been a fan of TkDesk for 3-4 years now, but since switching to Debian,
> I've had a very annoying problem with it, and I was wondering if anyone
> could help me solve them?
>
> I'm using 'woody' and the TkDesk .deb. The problem is that TkDesk keeps
> reverting to its default settings at apparently random intervals. Sometimes
> I can get through 1 or even 2 entire sessions without any problems, and then
> 1 minute into another Linux session, it suddenly reverts to its default
> settings (doesn't matter whether I'm logged in as root or as a user). I've
> tried recompiling from sources to no avail. Does anyone have any idea what
> might be causing this? Help!
>
> Larry

Strange, fortunately never had that with TkDesk 1.2 on potato. Well
you should be able to force TkDesk to use a certain configuration.
man tkdesk says:

OPTIONS
       -configdir dir
              By  default  TkDesk  reads its configuration either
              from  the  files   contained   in   the   directory
              "~/.tkdesk"  (see  section  FILES  below), or if it
              does not exist,  from  TkDesk's  library  directory
              (usually  "/usr/local/lib/TkDesk").   This  options
              lets  TkDesk  load  its  configuration  files  from
              directory dir.

Also notice:

      -default
              Let  TkDesk read its configuration from its library
              directory.  This means that TkDesk will start using
              the default configuration.

Andre
--
Andre Berger <andre.berger@topmail.de> from Bonn, Germany
No computer was harmed during the making of this message.