Re: Modem problems (was :Can't use USRobotics detect)

*** on bottom ***

> > I also did :
> >  pnpdump > test.txt
> >  isapnp test.txt
> > .. found 3 devices (the modem too) .. now what ?
> > (also tried pnpdump then setting a com port with the values from
> > pnpdump)
>
> If I remember correctly, wvdial has a configure file that tells it
> which ttyS? to use.  Did you configure wvdial?  Also, why not just use
> pppconfig?  It's all around easier to use, and usually gets things
> right.

I tried pppconfig too :
 with "windows configurations" or "non /dev/ttyS1" pon don't send
anything
 with /dev/ttyS1 IRQ X (x = 3,4,5,6,7) the modem don't respond to pon
(but pon send ATZ , or AT&F1 (manual recommended this initstring))

PS : My modem is pnp