Re: Status of gfortran transition

Greetings!

Just uploaded refblas3_1.2-9 to experimental.  Hope to get lapack and
atlas in in the next few days.

Is this a good time to address this:

Now running lintian...
W: refblas3gf: package-name-doesnt-match-sonames libblas3
Finished running lintian.

I distinctly remember being required to come up with the naming scheme
(refblas3 provides libblas.so.3 (virtual)) to get around difficulties
with ldconfig and earlier incarnations of the packaging system (in
conflict/replace with the earlier libblas)  though I cannot recall the
precise details at this point.  It would make sense to call the
package libblas3/libblas3-dev and have these also name virtual
packages which atlas could provide.  Will this work?  Anyone have a
better idea?  Now would appear a good time to put in what we'll want
to have for the next few years.

Finally, it appears as though we might no longer need to mess with
/etc/ld.so.conf to get the preferential loading -- that automatically
certain subdirs of /usr/lib are searched by ld.so first.   Any
succinct update on the latest here would be most appreciated.

What is the plan from experimental to unstable?

Take care,