Older C++ libraries

On Tue, Oct 19, 1999 at 11:47:45 +0200, Matthias Klose wrote:
> It showed up as well :( The libg++272 _and_ the gcc272 packages were
> translated on a glibc-2.0 based system. Not sure if it's worth making
> these to build on glibc-2.1, because no native Debian package depends
> on the old libg++ (well, one or two ...). Another thing are the
> libstdc++2.8 and libstdc++2.9 packages.

Losing these would mean abandoning support for some quit popular non-free
software, like Netscape and possibly IBM's DB2. If there is any possibility
of getting some kind of glibc2.0-altdev environment for glibc2.1, we should
really try to make it happen.

Ray
--
Cyberspace, a final frontier. These are the voyages of my messages,
on a lightspeed mission to explore strange new systems and to boldly go