Re: Can we drop t1lib dependency?

Hi,

At Mon, 26 Mar 2012 23:24:25 +0900,

> On Fr, 23 M$(D+#(Br 2012, Youhei SASAKI wrote:
> > I prepare to upload pxdvi, xdvik with Japanese Kanji support for TeXLive
> > 2011. In Debian, current package name is xdvik-ja.
>
> Good idea ... I guess we should then set also the
> 	pxdviUse yes
> so that the proper font map for pxdvi is generated? But I leave that
> to you to decide on that.

Everything fine! updmap-setup-kanji work perfect.

So I'll drop specifc map files, next xdvik-ja(pxdvi) uses TeXLive's map
files.

> > However, current "xdvik-ja" has a Bug Report about t1lib dependency.
> > Unfortunately, t1lib, enhanced rasterizer for Type 1 fonts, will be
> > dropped. ( or is this issue under discussion?)
- snip -
> > Can we drop t1lib dependency?
>
> I don't see, unless someone changes xdvi to use libfreetype2, which
> is not going to happen soon, but OTOH, I couldn't even find a bug
> entry of feature request to convert from t1lib to freetype in
> the xdvi database.

I see. Thanks.

> So, currently I have the feeling we cannot drop t1lib support.

I thinks so.
---
Youhei SASAKI <uwabami@gfd-dennou.org>
              <uwabami@debian.or.jp>
GPG fingerprint:
  4096/RSA: 66A4 EA70 4FE2 4055 8D6A C2E6 9394 F354 891D 7E07