Re: Biblatex

Hi Jan,

On Do, 09 Okt 2008, Jan Hauke Rahm wrote:
> created packages and I'd very much appreciate if you could have a look
> at it and comment as much as possible. I'm pretty sure that I didn't do

I took a look at the biblatex package: It is all fine and decently
packages, in fact it is an easy one, but there are things you might
change because hey are incorrect or not allowed in Debian: You install
the documentation biblatex.pdf but there is no source for this document.

*If* you want to upload that one to Debian then you have to:
- repackage the .orig.tar.gz and remove that file from it, probably best
  is adding a README referring to biblatex-doc
- create a package biblatex-doc in nonfree section with only the
  documentation pdf
- that package should also link the pdf into the /usr/share/texmf/doc/
  hierarchy so that texdoc can find it

> Additionally I wanted to ask for experiences using a watch file with
> CTAN. I didn't see a way yet. I'd like to read some lines about that as
> well.

Well, the problem is that the version is nowhere mentioned on CTAN, like
in a file biblatex-0.8.1.zip or so. So that is quite hard to do. No idea
whether there is a different way for it.

At the end: Please think about Lehman's request not to include biblatex
until it has reached 1.0. We honored that in TeX Live 2008, so it might
be wise to honor it in Debian, too.

TAMPA (n.)
The sound of a rubber eraser coming to rest after dropping off a desk
in a very quiet room.