Re: More fine-grained control in texlive?

Frank Küster <frank@debian.org> wrote:

> I'm not sure whether there's a real problem with tl-science.  But there
> was one with tl-humanities for sure, one componend depended on something
> in an other package (tl-latex-extra?).

That was #420394

> Upstream considered how to fix
> this, and found out that moving the dependency to tl-humanities didn't
> make sense (would have pulled in even more, and/or was not related to
> humanities).

Actually, bigfoot.sty was moved from tl-humanities to tl-latex-extra:
That even makes sense since footnotes are not only interesting in
humanities, even if these disciplines tend to have more and more
complicated footnotes.  But in any case, it shows how difficult it is to
properly split parts of tl-latex-* out into a separate package.

Frank Küster