Re: texlive (&friends) interactive bugscritps

Hi Sune,

On Mi, 19 Dez 2007, Sune Vuorela wrote:
> It seems that first it reimplements the presubj part of reportbug and then
> does a lot of noninteractive things.
>
> It would be nice if the first text to the user could be moved into a presubj
> file - and then the rest of the script could run non-interactively.

Well, more or less. The point is that we want to show something to the
user AFTER all those questions about "describe your problem" "severity"
etc are shown, immediately before the user is popped into the editor.

I don't see any way to accomplish this without using the script/getkey
stuff.

Although I am not completely against doing this move I need some
explanations why this would help, and whether this is somehow
standardized within Debian, or will be standardized (policy foobar,
debian bug scripts are not allowed to be interactive), ...

As said, I am not completely against this, the changes are not too
invasive to do that, but the information flow is different, so I
hesitate.

WOKING (participial vb.)
Standing in the kitchen wondering what you came in here for.