Re: Back from the mountains / Problem when purging TL 2007?

Hi,

Glad to learn you had a good time!

While playing with tex-common's doc, I uninstalled TL 2007 to reinstall
tetex (because debiandoc2latexpdf wasn't too happy with TL...).

But after the tetex install, pdftex didn't work (Fatal format error; I'm
stymied). I then purged all the tetex packages and noticed there was
still a lot of stuff in /var/lib/texmf, including IIRC a pdf(e?)tex
directory. Therefore, I purged tex-common, and that did clean it all up.
I then reinstalled tetex and it worked fine at this point.

Could someone investigate this?

Thanks.

--
Florent