Re: SVN texlive (new) commit: r2533 - in texlive-new/trunk: . all/debian texlive-bin/debian

> On Mit, 28 Feb 2007, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Err, I thought we have now dh_installtex for creating the links?
>
> Aehmm I preferred to have the texlinks and NO entries in tpm2deb.cfg,
> but now that I see that the option --no-format-links is not implemented
> (and hast to be --flavor format:no_nolinks), I will revert parts of the
> changes ... ok ok ok.
>
> My idea was that I wanted to have as few as possible stuff in
> tpm2deb.cfg

Hm, that is a goal that I share.  However, there must be some code
already that creates and installs the configuration files (the ones in
fmt.d), so I don't see how we couldn't extract the info from there.

I assume this is the "foreach (@Executes)" loop in tpm2deb-bin.pl, and
it seems to me it does all we need.  Except that my local copy has this
remark:

		# who is supposed to understand the following lines?
		my @p = /([^=]+)=([^ ]+)\s+([^=]+)=([^ ]+)\s*([^=]*)=?(.*)/;
		$Job{'parameter'} = $Job{'function'} = $Job{'mode'} = '';
		$Job{$p[0]}=$p[1];
		$Job{$p[2]}=$p[3];
		$Job{$p[4]}=$p[5];

First of all, will not all these directives be words, i.e. consist of
letters and numbers??

This is easier to read IMHO.  Second, is there no order?  If not, some
comment like

The first, third and (if present) fifth part of the match are either
parameter, function or mode.  Make sure that for each of these keys,
$Job{'key'} is empty, and then set it if the key is present in the
pattern:

Did I get it right?