Minor nits about "recent" tex-common changes

Hi,

I'm reading the SVN diff for tex-common from last time (~ one month...)
and found minor things that should probably be fixed (along with trivial
things I'll commit by myself).

TeX-on-Debian.sgml:
  - Sometimes, "&mdash" is used, and sometimes it is "—". I'm
    surprised the former works. Shouldn't all of them be "—"?

  - I believe the convention in American typography (not sure if it's
    the same in English typography...) is not to put spaces around the
    em dash---like this. This is not the case in TeX-on-Debian.sgml. Am I
    mistaken?

  - There is one place that says:

      Furthermore, there is no built-in
      merge mechanism at runtime, the files <file>fmtutil.cnf</file>,
      used on a first-found-first-used basis.

    but this is confusing, as there is no previous mention of this merge
    mechanism [for texmf.cnf]. In fact, there is a mention of such a
    thing, but this is the ucf merging that happens upon package
    upgrade, not the one "at runtime" that is being talked about IIUC.

    The runtime mechanism is only mentioned later, in § 2.4.3, "Per user
    configuration changes":

      Since all texmf.cnf files are read, with earlier definitions
      taking precedence over later ones, it is best to keep only a
      minimal set of definitions in the user-specific file.

postinst-tex:
  - a hunk of the diff says:

+	echo "Sometimes, not accepting conffile updates in /etc/texmf/updmap.d"
+	echo "causes updmap-sys to fail.  Please check for files with extension"
+	echo ".dpkg-dist or .ucf-new in this directory"

    Isn't it .ucf-dist rather than .ucf-new that would indicate a
    refused update for a config file?

postinst-texfonts (is this stuff still in use?): same thing.

Regards,

--
Florent