Re: /usr/share/texmf or /usr/share/texmf-tetex

On Thu, May 11, 2006 at 22:07 +0200, martin f krafft wrote:
> I am a little confused over which hierarcy I am supposed to use. If
> I install fonts to /usr/share/texmf, they are not recognised by my
> (unstable) system. Have you guys migrated to /usr/share/texmf-tetex
> since the release of sarge? I cannot seem to find anything in the
> changelog.

Please use /usr/share/texmf, which is meant for add-on packages.
/usr/share/texmf-tetex is for the teTeX packages,
/usr/share/texmf-texlive is for the TeX Live packages (soon to be
uploaded to unstable). For teTeX, this was introduced in v3.0-11. It is
documented in the draft Debian TeX policy in /usr/share/doc/tex-common.
See also changelog.Debian and NEWS.Debian for tetex-base.

In a default setup /usr/share/texmf, is one of the TEXMF trees being
searched. What is the output of

 kpsexpand \$TEXMFMAIN
 kpsexpand \$TEXMF

? I assume that you updated the ls-R files after installing the fonts in
/usr/share/texmf ...

cheerio
ralf