Doc package splitting. (was: SVN tetex-base commit: r1297 - tetex-base/branches/new-splitting/debian)

Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:

> On Mon, May 08, 2006 at 17:03 +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
>> Ralf Stubner <stubner-guest@costa.debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > * add metrics and font files for LW35 fonts
>>
>> I've already worked on that, but not yet committed anything.
>
> Ah, I guess we should coordinate on that then.
>
> BTW, I have seen that you have added documentation directories for
> base/required LaTeX stuff in tetex-base.install. Where should those be
> installed? Should they be excluded from tetex-doc?

Hm, no, I was just forgetting about tetex-doc.  But maybe it's a hint to
think it over.  tetex-doc is by far the biggest package we have

$ for package in tetex-base tetex-extra tetex-doc; do apt-cache show $package | grep ^Size; done
Size: 22421200
Size: 10846070
Size: 43306568

And with the current discussion on devel about whether PDF files should
generally stay un-gzipped it might even get bigger.  If we leave the doc
directories in tetex-{base,extra}.install in this phase, it will be much
easier later on to decide whether we want two -doc packages.  And
filtering them out would be really easy.

Debian Developer (teTeX)