Re: texlive and dvipdfmx

From: Norbert Preining <preining@logic.at>
Subject: Re: texlive and dvipdfmx
Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2006 20:10:16 +0200

> こんばんわ 香田さん!

Hi Norbert!

> Can you send me please a test file so that I can try it with the
> dvipdfmx which comes with TeX live, too. I haven't found any differences
> in the psfonts.map files, so it shouldn't be a updmap file problem.

Hmm, on my system any file has the same problem, even

\documentclass[12pt]{article}

\begin{document}
Only test.
\end{document}

would do.  So I suspect the problem exists in my system.

I'll investigate this later but I found some difference
between the PC with the problem and other PCs.

There are three dvipdfm.map,

/etc/texmf/dvips/dvipdfm.map
/usr/share/texmf-texlive/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map
/var/lib/texmf/fonts/map/dvipdfm/updmap/dvipdfm.map

and I suspect one in /etc was obsolete (yes, this PC has
long history, perhaps started to work in 2002 or so) but
ones in /usr and /var are correct?

And is it correct that the entries in dvipdfm.map begins with

Cheq default cheq
Cherokee
Cherokeeb default Cherokee-Bold
Cherokeebo default Cherokee-Bold -s 0.177
Cherokeeo default Cherokee -s .177
EpiOlmec default Epi-Olmec

which seems to correspond to the warnings

** WARNING ** Deleting fontmap record for "Cheq"
** WARNING ** Deleting fontmap record for "Cherokee"
** WARNING ** Deleting fontmap record for "Cherokeeb"
** WARNING ** Deleting fontmap record for "Cherokeebo"
** WARNING ** Deleting fontmap record for "Cherokeeo"

Anyway I should investigate this myself ;-)

Regards,			 2006-4-15(Sat)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima