Re: Please update debconf PO translation for the package tex-common

Helge Kreutzmann <kreutzm@itp.uni-hannover.de> wrote:

> Hello,
> On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 03:28:13PM +0100, teTeX maintainers wrote:
>> you are noted as the last translator of the debconf translation for
>> tex-common. The English template has been changed and two new messages
>> added.  Now some messages are marked "fuzzy" in your translation or
>> are missing.  I would be grateful if you could take the time and
>> update it.  Please send the updated file to the list, or submit it as a
>> wishlist bug against tex-common.
>
> You can find the updated file attached. I have the following
> questions/remarks though:
>
> Why did you not set a question mark here:
> msgid "Which group should own the TeX font cache."

Hm, I didn't phrase that - I guess it's a compromise between the
different requirements of the frontends.  Maybe we should change it to
"Group that should own the TeX font cache", without any punctuation?

> Why don't you use punctuation marks in the several of the new message
> entries (i.e., full stops, exclamation marks etc.)?

That's just an error, no reason.

> Your count in the above message is wrong, more than two messages have
> no translation yet. (Or did you skip previous versions, i.e., they
> were empty bevor the last change?)

W didn't send out templates for a while, but received updates for some
of them.  The mail was automated (podebconf-report-po) and went to a
couple of people.

> I made some assumptions about the above points and translated
> accordingly. It is probably wise that you resend the updated original
> with »fuzzy« strings once these issues are clarified so the
> translations can be rechecked and updated if necessary. If you do so,
> it would be nice if you could add a brief explanation so the
> translators know that the text itself has not changed.

Thanks, I'll do that.

Debian Developer (teTeX)