Re: Adding a latex class to a debian package

On Tue, Dec 20, 2005 at 09:49:01AM +0100, Frank Küster wrote:
> Ian Beckwith <ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk> wrote:
>
> > This needs cd-cover.cls, a latex class which I've found on CTAN.
> > Am I right in saying I should install this in
> > /usr/share/texmf/tex/latex/cd-cover/cd-cover.cls and run mktexlsr in
> > the postinst and postrm?
>
> That's fine; I assume that you Depend on tetex-bin or tetex-extra,
> anyway.  There's going to be an alternative TeX system in Debian soon,
> TeXlive.  Since TeXlive is much bigger, maybe it already contains
> cd-cover.cls.  There won't be any file conflicts, but you should make
> sure that your file is always up-to-date, since it will take precedence
> over TeXlive's.

thanks (to all who replied).

As the class is only used by one script shipped with a perl library,
many users won't use it, and won't want TeX dragged in as a dependency.
Would it be ok to just Suggest: tetex-bin | texlive-latex-bin
and wrap the calls to mktexlsr in:

if [ -x /usr/bin/mktexlsr ]
then
	/usr/bin/mktexlsr
fi

thanks,

Ian.

--
Ian Beckwith - ianb@nessie.mcc.ac.uk - http://nessie.mcc.ac.uk/~ianb/
GPG fingerprint: AF6C C0F1 1E74 424B BCD5  4814 40EC C154 A8BA C1EA