Re: dh_installtexfonts in tex-common, new usage

On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 10:28 +0200, Ralf Stubner wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 17, 2005 at 02:04 +0200, Norbert Preining wrote:
> > Finally someone should check the pod2man man page for stupid
> > explanations and errors, and if we settle for this, someone should write
> > up something for the TeX Policy.
>
> There is a short reference in the TeX Policy already:
>
> ,----[ end of 4.1.1 ]
> | Implementations for the configuration scheme described in this section
> | can be found in Section A.1, `Sample code for font packages' and is
> | implemented in the `debhelper' program `dh_installtexfonts'.
> `----
>
> This could be expanded (the grammar should be fixed to :-(. It depends
> how much about the usage of dh_installtexfonts should be in the Policy.
> Or if there is something in the implementation of dh_installtexfonts
> that needs justification through the Policy.

Ok, I have changed this a little bit. The reference to the appendix is
now directly after the discussion of calling update-updmap/mktexlsr/
updmap-sys, since the sample code doesn't deal with the "magic comments"
anyway.

The end of section 4.1.1 now states that dh_installtexfonts is the
recommended way to implement this configuration scheme and refers to
dh_installtexfonts(1) for usage instructions. IMHO details  of how to
use dh_installtexfonts should not go into the policy. One could move
this comment to the beginning of the section.

cheerio
ralf