Re: transition pts-tetex-cm-super -> cm-super

Hi Hilmar!

On Fre, 14 Okt 2005, Hilmar Preusse wrote:
> I see still the pts-tetex-cm-super package in its full size in the
> Debian archive. Your cm-super package Replaces and Conflicts with the

Yes, true.

> old one. Does that provide an update path, i.e. an apt-get update,
> apt-get upgrade will pull in cm-super and remove the
> pts-tetex-cm-super?

No sorry. In fact I have no idea how this could be accomplished, sorry
for my ignorance.

> Perhaps it woul be a better idea to replace the pts-tetex-cm-super by
> a dummy packge, which pulls in cm-super?

Hmm, all the problems are the I am not the maintainer of
pts-tetex-cm-super, and Mickael will anyway ask for removal of the
package.

> Will you take over the bugs files against pts-tetex-cm-super?

I took a look at the four open bugs, all of them are irrelevant for the
cm-super packages, as the installation procedure has been changed
severely. So I won't take them (or close them immediately if someone
assigns them to me).

Again concerning the upgrade path: Could someone tell me where I find an
explanation how to do this? Thanks in advance.

sip:preining@at43.tuwien.ac.at                             +43 (0) 59966-690018
CROMARTY (n.)
The brittle sludge which clings to the top of ketchup bottles and
plastic tomatoes in nasty cafes.
			--- Douglas Adams, The Meaning of Liff