Re: Too many conflicts? (tetex vs. texlive)

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Ralf Stubner <ralf.stubner@web.de> wrote:
>
>> IIRC tetex-* does not ship any files for texmf.cnf, ie, texmf.cnf should
>> be correct once tex-common is installed.
>
> After checking the SVN, I can confirm this. If we can have Frank's word
> that it should remain this way, font packages can simply depend on
> tex-common. Good. Frank?

The files that are currently there will remain in tex-common - I think
we never discussed moving them back, and I can't see any reason.

Of course there might be teTeX-specific settings in the future, and we
might need to add a file there that belongs to teTeX.  But since we
specifically want fonts to be independent of tetex-bin vs. texlive, such
a file cannot concern fonts.

Let font packages depend on tex-common.

Is anybody writing this together - ideally in form of a patch to
Debian-TeX-Policy.sgml?