Re: SVN tetex commit: r70 - in tetex-base/trunk/debian: . patches rules.d

Frank Küster <frank@kuesterei.ch> writes:

> Julian Gilbey <jdg@polya.uklinux.net> wrote:

>>> I did, but I'm still getting used to psvn.el - I only marked the files
>>> that had been modified, not the ones that were deleted and added...
>>>
>>> Thanks for actually reading the commit messages,
>>> Frank
>>
>> Do you yet know about the svn move and svn copy commands?  (They
>> should be used for renaming things instead of svn delete/add.)
>
> Yes, I did use them - but after that the corresponding filenames showed
> up as deleted/added in psvn.el's status page.  I assumed that this is
> the expected behavior?

yes, `svn move old new' is equivalent to `svn cp old new && svn rm
old' (you can even commit the deletion and addition-with-history
separately) the new file is 'added with history'. (This is why there us
a + in the 3rd column of svn status [hence psvn.el] putput.)