Re: [tex-live] Re: Debian TeX live packages -- new version 2005-07-23_1

(changing Cc)

> On Son, 24 Jul 2005, Arne Jørgensen wrote:
>>
>> updmap: Scanning for LW35 support files
>>
>> !!! ERROR! The map file `dvips35.map' has not been found at all.
>

> Yes, I know. The problem is that I don't know how to upgrade a dir to a
> link. Please do the following as root:

We do the same in tetex-bin (actually the code is taken from Branden
Robinson's xfree packages), have a look at the functions
preinst_move_symlink in preinst.in, the first comment with "symlink" in
postinst.in, and the comment with "symlink" in postrm.in.  If you want
to understand all that, dig through

http://www.de.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-maintainerscripts.html#s-unpackphase