Re: CVS frank tetex-base: complete the renaming by removing old named files (now 10tetex-base.cfg)

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> teTeX CVS <jdg-tetex-cvs@debian.org> wrote:
>
>> Log message:
>>     complete the renaming by removing old named files (now 10tetex-base.cfg)
>
> Is my understanding correct if I say that the former 00updmap.cfg is now
> called 10tetex-base.cfg?

The parts that really map font names to files, yes.  The first part with
the options for dvips and friends is still called 00updmap.cfg (but see
below).

> OTOH, maybe 00updmap.cfg is now shipped by tetex-common, and required,
> in which case the sanity check should probably stay as it is.

Yes, the 00updmap.cfg part is now in tex-common.  I'm unsure about two
things:

- it might be better from a practical point of view to change the name
  from 00updmap.cfg to something else.  On the other hand, the file is
  already under ucf control, and we'll have to do some clever parsing of
  the old file, anyway.

- I'm unsure what the sanity check should check for.  If only tex-common
  is installed, update-updmap currently runs without an error, and
  produces an updmap.cfg without any font mappings.  However, we cannot
  simply check for 10tetex-base.cfg, because 10texlive.cfg (or however
  it will be called) must work, too.  And if somebody removes both files
  and replaces them with their own version (with a different name), why
  not let them do this?