Re: tetex-base needs a new orig.tar.gz

Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> wrote:

> On 09.07.04 Frank Küster (frank@debian.org) wrote:
>> Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de> schrieb:
>
> Hi,
>
>> > Do we have to put the sources of these packages into tetex-src then?
>>
>> Yes, I have thought about this, too. But as long as the package
>> does not require explicitly that the source files be shipped with
>> the sty files, we needn't. We can just mail them a copy if they ask
>> us, if it's GPL (don't remember exactly with LPPL).
>>
> Hmm.
>
> CONDITIONS ON DISTRIBUTION AND MODIFICATION

That is a citation from LPPL 1.2, which is non-free anyway. LPPL-1.3 has
instead:

,----
| d. You distribute at least one of the following with the Derived Work:
|
|    [...]
|    2. Information that is sufficient to obtain a complete, unmodified
|       copy of the Work.
`----

Both in copyright and in README.debian, we tell people that we took the
updates from CTAN. This might be no ideal solution, but compared to the
problems raised in the -legal thread, it's peanuts. We'd better
concentrate on this, not on tetex-src.

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie