Re: tetex installation errors

Alberto Corbi Bellot <alberto_corbi@terra.es> wrote:

>> What's the output of
>>
>> kpsewhich --expand-var '$pool_size'
>>

> $ kpsewhich --expand-var '$pool_size'
> 250000
>
> es tut mir Leid dass ich so spät geschrieben habe... ich war nicht zu
> Hause..

No problem that you took your time. But what is a problem is that you
send mails only to me, instead of to the list. I don't archive mails
that relate to debian-tetex, because I rely on the list archive, and I
do no longer have your old mails except the first which went to the
list. Therefore this answer is somewhat speculative.

The value that you get for pool_size is not the value coded in our
package, i.e. in /etc/texmf/texmf.d/95NonPath.cnf, and thus in
/etc/texmf.cnf if it is generated correctly: It should be 1250000 (one
million more), and if I remember correctly that is also what you had in
/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf.

Thus, it seems as if there was an other texmf.cnf around. Have you yet
answered whether "locate texmf.cnf" gives any output besides
/etc/texmf/texmf.cnf?

An alternative would be that pool_size is set in your environment,
what's the output of

env | grep pool

Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie