Re: lmodern fonts and sarge

Florent Rougon <f.rougon@free.fr> wrote:

[good arguments for inclusion of lm fonts into Debian]

> I didn't test Michael's package and therefore am not in a position to
> recommend it for unstable without further consideration. Also, [5] does
> not mention where we could get the source pacakge and several things
> could be improved in the binary package.

I use it, and it's o.k.

> I would like to know the teTeX maintainers plan about this issue. I
> don't have a lot of time available for the next month but I can surely
> come up with a decent package pretty soon (and maintain it if someone
> sponsors me for the task) if that is required for lmodern fonts to be
> included in sarge.

Michael, what do you think? Would you be willing to hand the package to
Florent, or look for a sponsor yourself? Can you make the source package
available on your website?

Regards, Frank

P.S. Thomas Esser said somewhere that cm-super will not be included in
the next tetex release, because it's too big. So perhaps an additional
cm-super package would be nice too. But lmodern is priority, I would say
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie