Re: for sarge-release

From: Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>
Subject: for sarge-release
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2004 00:33:31 +0900 (JST)

> I prefer a simple current update-updmap and to document its
> usage somewhere, or rather to create teTeX Policy.

So I didn't modify it.

> About postinst of tetex-base, I'm not sure yet if no tests on
> texmf.cnf is really good or not.  I guess its primary idea might
> be to check if generic environment for TeX is normal/sane and so
> I doubt if it has much meaning to make it more precise or strict,
> but Florent's improvement might be useful.

Changed a bit as Florent suggested.

> I did this only because I wanted to make tetex-base same as
> an upstream structure and it's okay if I understand correctly.

I guess there is no problem, at least at present.

> On arabtex issue, we only need to remove Conflicts line
> of tetex-bin and add it to tetex-base.

Done.  Also added Closes line in changelog.

> I'm willing to adopt Frank's idea of language.dat handling
> and I'll remove unnecessary (duplicated) lines from postinst
> of tetex-base and apply a patch of him.  (I assume Frank intends
> to fix this until sarge.)

Done.  Franks patch was for 2.0.2-6 and there was a
slight error with postinst of 2.0.2-7 so I got 2.0.2-6
and applied the patch and copied the generated postinst
to the new source tree.  I believe this was correct.

Also removed language.dat handling from postinst of tetex-base
manually and applied Franks patch for prerm of tetex-base too.

> Hilmar's comment on texdoc manpage is correct, I believe.

Done.  Hilmar's patch was for /usr/share/man/man1/texdoc.1.gz
perhaps but we needed a patch for /texk/tetex/texdoc.man
Also there was a patch for texdoc.man already by patch-texdoc
so I first applied patch-texdoc and applied Hilmar's one
(a bit modified, texdoc.1 -> texdoc.man ;) and copied
an output of "diff -u texdoc.man.orig texdoc.man" to patch-texdoc.

I believe this was correct.

Further, I cleaned up relation with tetex-*, i.e.
removed Replaces: tetex-* and added it to Conflicts:
line.

What I'm not sure is, with the patch of Frank, I suspect
it would be necessary for tetex-bin to
Conflicts: tetex-base (<<2.0.2-6)
but is it also necessary to set tetex-base
Conflicts: tetex-bin (<< 2.0.2-8)?

I'm very glad if anyone could check my modifications.

Further, it seemed 15th March was one of goal line
for sarge release.  There might be not so much time left
for us...

Regards,			2004-2-23(Mon)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Univ. of Tokushima