Re: po-debconf template for tetex-bin

Quoting Atsuhito Kohda (kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp):

> > I've been translating the po-debconf template in dutch, if got two questions for you:
> >
> > 1) One of the items reads:

> > #: ../templates:66
> > msgid "users"
> > msgstr "users"
> >
> > Is this string meant to be translated? It seems it is the name of a
> > default group which is always called users.
>
> I think you are right, so "_Default: users" is wrong?

Yes, sure. You'f better removing the underscore for preventing
translators to put a wrong default value there.

> (I remembered that this notation was generated automatically)
> Anyway I beleieve you need not translate this string.

You *should* not....

> > 2) Should I sort this list in my own language, or would that break your scripts.
> >
> > #: ../templates:121
> > msgid "bahasa, basque, british, croatian, czech, danish, dutch, finnish, greek, italian, latin, magyar, norsk[old], norsk[nohyphb.tex], norsk[nohyphbc.tex], polish, portuges, romanian, russian, slovak, slovene, spanish, turkish, ukrainian[ukrhyph.tex], ukrainian[ukrhyph.t2a], ukrainian[ukrhyph.lcy], ukrainian[ukrhyph.ot2]"
> > msgstr "Indonesisch, Baskisch, Brits, Kroatisch, Tjechisch, Deens, Nederlands, Fins, Grieks, Italiaans, Latijn, Hongaars, Noors[oud], Noors[nohyphb.tex], Noors[nohyphbc.tex], Pools, Portugees, Roemeens, Russisch, Slowaaks, Sloveens, Spaans, Turks, Oekraïens[ukrhyph.tex], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.t2a], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.lcy], Oekraïens[ukrhyph.ot2]"
>
> I know that translation of the list doesn't break the scripts
> but I'm afraid the order of the list might be critical so sorting
> could be bad.
>
> I guess Christian would have more precise knowledge on this ;)

Tim, DO NOT sort the list. As far as I know, po-debconf uses the item
order number for determining what is the user choice. In fact, debconf
always store this in english.

So, if you sort the list with "Indonesisch" at its place, "Baskisch" will
become the first choice/ Then, if a dutch user chooses "Baskisch", the
real choice will be bahasa... :-)

BTW, I ignored that bahasa is indonesian....In fact, I didn't
translate these items as they are, as far as I know, names for
hyphenation systems rather than strict language names. But this may be
discussed (I'm even considering changing my mind and finally
translating them in french).

BTW, Atsuhito, are we close of a release for tetex-bin ?