Re: Other CTAN packages

From: Hilmar Preusse <hille42@web.de>
Subject: Re: Other CTAN packages
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2003 23:10:28 +0100

> > I guess it is no problem to package CTAN packages which are not
> > included in tetex packages.
> >
> How about packages, which *are* in the teTeX package? AFAICS there
> are at least 2 wishlist bugs talking about that. The idea behind is,
> that in the teTeX-package are a few LaTeX packages, which are more
> often updated from upstream than teTeX itself, e.g. KOMA-Skript. I
> know, that would make a bit trouble for the teTeX-maintainer, but
> would give us the chance to have more recent software in Debian on
> release time. I can understand, that teTeX wasn't that often updated
> from upstream due to the size of the package.
> Just an idea.

As far as I can tell, Claire and I were positive on
upgrading packages in teTeX but Adrian and some members
seemed to be negative on it.

I agree with your idea even now but I'm afraid this might
be delicate issue.

I would like to hear an idea/opinion from more members.

Best regards,			  2003-4-1(Tue)

 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@debian.org>
 Department of Math., Tokushima Univ.