Re: make failed with 20021225 beta

> sortid.c: In function `sort_idx':
> sortid.c:53: `LC_COLLATE' undeclared (first use in this function)
> sortid.c:53: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once

Willem Jan Palenstijn has found the reason for this and submitted
a patch:

  From what I can tell, it's caused by checks for libz and the C
  preprocessor conflicting with eachother in texk/dvipdfm. The check for
  libz sets CPP to a temp value, and then starts the preprocessor check,
  which then writes the (very broken) temp value to the config.cache,
  which causes the locale.h check to break in texk/makeindexk/configure.

A possible fix is to invoke AC_PROG_CPP in texk/dvipdfm/configure.in
after AC_PROG_CC. If you have autoconf-1.13 installed, then you
can update your configure script by
  cd texk/dvipdfm; autoconf -m ../etc/autoconf
I just have put a fixed texk/dvipdfm/configure script at
  http://www.dbs.uni-hannover.de/~te/configure

Another possible workaround is to omit --with-system-zlib.

> I'm not sure this is a bug or a problem of my system
> but I hope this will help anyway.

No, it is not a bug os your system.

Thomas