PiCTeX, TeX and capacity exceeded

[please CC me, I am not on this list]

Hello,

I don't know if this has been discussed to death yet, I couldn't find
pointers on lists.d.o nor bugs.d.o...

I maintain Chemtool, a 2D-chemical-strucure-drawing-program. It supports
exporting to PiCTeX which looks rather nice. Unfortunately, as PiCTeX
doesn't support filled triangles (Correct me if I'm wrong and this is
solved ;-) , "wedge bonds" are currently implemented as several (5 at
the Moment IIRC) lines from one starting point to several points on
the opposing side of a lean triangle.
The PiCTeX-Export is done through fig2dev and after an not insanely high
amount (one of our example molecules triggers this badly) of wedge or an
accordingly higher amount of normal (I just checked back - around 70-75)
bonds the TeX capacity exceeded error appears.

70 Bonds might look quite big but nevertheless this can happen and
prevents the inclusion of the structure in LaTeX. If one uses 9 wedge
bonds this reduced to around 40.

I tried the pictexwd.sty package, but there is no effect whatsoever.

So, being totally ignorant of TeX and LaTeX internals, is there any
workaround to this? I read about a package called BigTeX which is
supposed to circumvent this problem?
Any other ideas?

Thanks and bye,

Michael