xdvi of tetex-bin in potato

Hi all,

it might be too late but I have a request to modify
/usr/X11R6/bin/xdvi of tetex-bin 1.0.6-7 a bit, that is,
to make it as

if [ X$LANG = Xja_JP.ujis -a -x /usr/X11R6/bin/xdvi-ja.bin ] ; then
exec xdvi-ja.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}
else
exec xdvi.bin $NAMEOPT ${1+"$@"}
fi

Well some of you might know but there is xdvik-ja package
which is Japanized xdvi and its command name is 'xdvi-ja'.

To preview DVI files with Japanese fonts, one needs xdvi-ja
and so xdvi-ja is the default previewer for Japanese users.

But many applications assume the DVI previewer as 'xdvi' so
the command name 'xdvi-ja' causes many troubles for Japanese
users.  There might be many ways to fix this problem, for example,
alternatives but there should be little time (or no time?) left
for us to change packages so I think the above is the best way.
This is really a strong request of Japanese users.

Note also that there are many Japanese specific Linux distributions
mainly based on RedHat in Japan and we should compete with them :)

I believe there is no possibility that the above change causes
any trouble.

Best Regards,			2000.7.17

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>