what is tetex-supp/src-specials???

Hi all,

I found in some documents that
ftp://ftp.cstug.cz/pub/tex/local/cstug/thanh/pdftex/tetex-supp.tgz
will provide the feature of "src-specials" and it is written
in src/texk/web2c/doc/web2c.texi of tetex-supp.tgz

-----------------------------
@item -src-specials
@itemx -src-specials=@var{string}
@cindex generating source specials
This option requires @TeX{} to  output specific source information using
@samp{\special} commands  in  the DVI file. These  @samp{\special} track
the current file name and line number.

Using the first form of this option, the @samp{\special} are inserted
automatically.

In the second form of the option, @var{string} is
a comma separated list of the following values: @samp{cr},
@samp{display}, @samp{hbox}, @samp{math}, @samp{par}, @samp{parend},
@samp{vbox}. You can use this list to specify where you want  @TeX{} to
output such commands. By example, @samp{-src-specials=cr,math} will
output source information every line and every math formula.

These commands  can  be used with  the  appropriate DVI viewer and  text
editor to switch from the current position in the editor to the same
position in the viewer and back from the viewer
to the editor.
-----------------------------

I could check that "-src-specials" option really inserts some
kind of \special in DVI files but I guess that there is no
DVI previewer which can handle this \special yet so it is
useless for now.

Is this understanding is right? and are there someone who knows
what is tetex-supp and what can "-src-specials" do in fact now?

Thanks in advance,		2000.6.7

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>