Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato

From: Denis Barbier <barbier@imacs.polytechnique.fr>
Subject: Re: xdvi of tetex-bin in potato
Date: Wed, 19 Jul 2000 09:46:18 +0200

> Oh shit, you are fully right, i checked this solution without
> xaw-wrappers.

But your advice is certainly of great help to us.

> You may ask Joey Hess, who provides xaw-wrappers, what is the best
> solution, because i am not even sure that modifying the xdvi script as
> suggested would do the job.

Well I have tested the modified script in potato and it
has worked fine.  I downgraded every tetex-* packages to
test this ;-)

I heard that if test cycle 3 will begin then it will be
impossible to upload new version(revision) so I think
that modification of xdvi script is the only possible solution
now.

With the solution of Denis perhaps we can provide the mechanism
with which we can run Japanized xdvi by the command name 'xdvi'
in woody so it is very desirable that we provide the same environment
(even if the mechanism is not the same) in potato too.

Perhaps there is almost no time left for us but the modification
itself is very simple and safe.

If there is no reasonable objection here, could someone upload
modified tetex-bin to potato?

Of course I can build modified tetex-bin but as I am not a
developer yet so it is rather troublesome.

Best Regards,			2000.7.20

--
 Debian JP Developer - much more I18N of Debian
 Atsuhito Kohda <kohda@pm.tokushima-u.ac.jp>