Re: Unsus....

On 8/30/21, Heiss Florian <Florian.Heiss@verwaltung.uni-muenchen.de> wrote:
>On 8/29/21, Cindy Sue Causey <butterflybytes@gmail.com> wrote:
>>On 8/29/21, Aleksey Dmitriev <ramphex@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Unsubs......**
>>

>>Hi! My apologies for changing all that while trying to stay somewhere in
>> line
>>with the thread.
>>
>>This is a game that's played right about now EVERY TIME there's a new
>>release. The misspelling is possibly in some part about trying to avoid
>> filters
>>starting with Debian's listserv then trickling down to all of us Users.
>>
>>The quantity of it occurring could be about making it seem like a bunch of
>>Users are suddenly bailing on Debian. I forgot that it appears to be about
>>Debian's release cycle until you corrected their spelling. It has been
>> going on a
>>LONG time. :)
>>
>>Cindy :)

> Hi!
>
> Sorry for jumpin' in with this question but I'm not sure what you mean/want?
> If everybody spelled their topic right it wouldn't come to anyones attention
> that they're gone. Or do you mean someone should count and estimate how many
> leave from release to release?

No, this was not a "request" for action of any kind. This was a notice
generated by a Debian User who has witnessed the "unsus*****" behavior
occur repeatedly over the last few years.

The pattern is pretty much just exactly the above. The subject line is
misspelled in the same manner as this newest thread. The behavior
seems to be repetitious over a short period of time. I just took a
quick peek at my 55% full Gmail account. The oldest one not yet
deleted in there was dated October, 2016. That appears to have been a
"point release" time period, not a full upgrade.

At some point in the past, a list moderator went the extra mile and
compared all the complaining/requesting email addresses to standing
records. Not one single "unsuscr***" requesting email address was
actually subscribed to the list they were.. "addressing". No, I can't
remember which list that was, just that it occurred sometime in the
last ten or twelve years... or at least since 2016, grin.

Again, my intervention was not a request for anyone to take any
actions. My correspondence is for informational purposes alerting that
this is a pattern of behavior that ebbs and flows as a repetitious,
unified activity on occasion.

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey