Re: Weird No route to host

It's not ARP per se. The last time I had an issue like this I hooked up a packet sniffer and saw basically nothing outbound from the host. (No broadcasts, etc.) Once something came *inbound* to the host, packets could get out again (for some period of time). ARP was just a symptom of the problem, not the problem itself. Sorry I don't have any better idea of what the root cause is or how to fix it (I had to stop using the amd64 kernel for other reasons, and the i386 kernel didn't have that problem for my particular wireless card--rt61pci.

Mike Stone