Re: why is sarge "minimal" intall so huge compared to woody?

Hi,

On Tue, Feb 15, 2005 at 12:28:13PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> As already stated, there is nothing to stop you from de-selecting the
> standard priority packages in aptitude before it installs them.

that's what I thought, too, but the idea of something like a "minimal
server" task or something like this sounds quite good.

Does a "apt-get dist-upgrade" install packages of priority standard or
higher? If not, then there should be not much 'space problems'.

> This will probably be improved further after sarge's release. In the
> meantime the current system complies with Debian policy and gives us a
> way to find out if some packages are incorrectly at standard priority.

(If it's already a "whishlist bug", I'm sorry, I haven't look it up. ;) )

Greetings,
 Mike