SOLVED: How on earth does anyone manage to compile wxwindows programs?

I solved this problem.  I got the program to compile and run by specifying
	-I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.4
as include directory instead of
	-I/usr/lib/wx/include/base-2.4/
Is that documented anywhere?  SHould the wxwindows manual have a section
describing how to compile applications on different platforms?

Once I changed the include directory,  I got an error message that suggested I run
	wx-config
and that ultimately told me the proper flags to use, namely,
-I/usr/lib/wx/include/gtk-2.4 -DGTK_NO_CHECK_CASTS -D__WXGTK__ -D_FILE_OFFSET_BITS=6
	4 -D_LARGE_FILES -pthread -lwx_gtk-2.4

So I got it running, and I hope others with this problem will find this message.

-- hendrik