Re: Mouse not reconized under Xserver

On Wed, Feb 16, 2005 at 08:52:05PM +0100, Thierry wrote:
> After a new install, things went like this:
> Gnome started and everything was OK.
> I rebooted and then Xserver would not start due to : dev/psau not
> existing.
"psaux" not "psau".

> I reconfigured xserver, changed psau to ttyS1, which is what it
> should be. Then Xserver started OK, but without mouse.
Probably because the protocol wasn't set right?

> I re-installed the complete system, and while everything was
> working, as for the first install, I looked at Xserver log:
> dev/psau and mouse imps2
> After rebooting same problem, no dev/psau
> I then tried another mouse on a USB port, changed to dev/input/mice
> and it was OK.
> Any idea how to solve this problem?
What's the problem:)

Pick a mouse and if it doesn't work run XFree86 -configure as root.
Modify/merge the output as per your taste.  I usually make 3 changes
to the file that X produces.  I add:

Section "DRI"
        Mode    0666
EndSection

and in "Section Monitor",

        HorizSync       30-75
	VertRefresh     50-85

Change the mouse as necessary .. maybe IMPS/2.  And modify the
resolution and/or DefaultDepth in Section "Screen" as necessary.

Justin