No APM support in kernel

Hi,

Last week, I announced that after one of my Sarge update (using apt-get)
APM support saddenly dissapeard (without kernel or module compilation).
Simply, I rebooted my laptop and ampd got not started at all.
If I tried to do it manually, it said my kernel does not have APM support (but a day before it had, strange ;-) So, I have not APM in my kernel 2.6.10 and today I compiled 2.6.10 once again and still no APM. I'm sure I checked all APM related options in configuration.

But when I compile/usr kernels like 2.4.27 or 2.4.29 apmd is working well.

So, is it possible that apmd is broken or some the startup configuration
of modules is broken (better, one of updates broke it) ?

If anybody has any idea, please give me a message.

Greets

--
Mateusz Łoskot, mateusz (at) loskot (dot) net
Registered Linux User #220771, Debian (Sarge)