Re: Problem installing sarge (dated Jan 22)

sam rosenfeld wrote:
I am switching from Slackware10.0 to Debian sarge. After downloading sarge CDs 1, 2, and 3 from debian.com, I duly booted my box with the sarge base CD. The installation seemed to go OK, but I cannot boot sarge at all. This is probably not a Debian problem since the boot hardly gets past the BIOS (Award) before giving me a "Disk Failure" message.

I would appreciate a reference to a doc that may deal with this failure, or any other tips.

Thanks,

Sam

Perhaps the partition where you installed grub (or lilo) isn't active.

You can change this very easy with a knoppix-cd.

Paul