Re: sarge installation fails to populate directories

Haines Brown wrote:
> The problem is that /usr and /var directories are empty. I struggled
> with this with debootstrap for a while, although usually the /var
> partition was filled, but never /usr until advised to use
> cdebootstrap. That went well and partitions were filled, but for a
> reason irrelevant here, I started again from the beginning, and now
> cdebootstrap wouldn't fill /var and /usr. All the base packages were
> downloaded and unpacked, but for some reason one or more directories
> not seen.

That's quite stange, I have never heard of or experienced
debootstrap having such a problem. I'd look to see if my kernel or
filesystem or disk are broken somehow, and strace debootstrap to see
what's happening when it tries to create files in those directories.

--
see shy jo