Re: Installation Report

6. Installed a desktop environment and thought that the GNOME desktop would support my USB drives. No icon, no notification, nothing. Plug and play
   isn't supported in any way on the GNOME desktop.

I just got udev and gnome-volume-manager working on my system, and the plug and play is great. I had already manually created /etc/fstab entries for my usbdrive, but now it is automatically mounted when I plug it into the usb port. Also, it automatically runs a program depending on what type of cd you put in. For instance, I configured it to automatically run k3b when I insert a blank cd-r. Now if I can just get k3b working. ;)

Jason